We are excited to announce audition information for the 2021-22 year! We will again be offering classes Wednesdays and Thursdays. We will still be at our Liberty Hall location, and classes will start Sept 8th & 9th.
Every new student and returning student must audition. We will be placing students in a choir based on age, ability and experience. We are excited to announce the new Vocal Motion Junior & Senior Companies! This will now allow us to maximize each student’s potential by putting them in the choir that fits them best. See classes and descriptions below.
Vocal Motion Youth Company – Ages 8-12
Vocal Motion Junior Company – Ages 10-14
Vocal Motion Senior Company – Ages 12-18
All Vocal Motion choirs are designed for advanced singers with vocal performance experience. Audition required. Students will perform at live concerts, participate in multiple music videos each semester and record in the recording studio multiple times. Students must commit to attend class the entire semester & come prepared to class each week with music learned.
Tuition & Fees:
|Choir||Monthly Tuition(Sept-May)||Registration Fee||Production Fee(music videos and recording studio)||Concert Fee|
|VM Youth, Junior & Senior Companies||$60||$35 ($15 each additional family member)||$25-$75/per semester||$25 per family|
- Production fees helps cover the cost of the recording studio, videographers and other production costs associated with music videos. This will be collected as we create music videos.
- Recital fees will be collected with November and April tuition. This helps cover the cost of the facility and crew. We do not charge admission to concerts.
- Registration Fee will include a music binder and shirt for each student.
- There is no costume fee, but students will be required to find attire for each video and concert. We usually keep this fairly simple and most of the time students have these items in their closet already.
Auditions will open on May 24th and need to be submitted by June 30, 2021. After this date, we will only accept auditions if there are spots still available. We will have a waitlist for late auditions. Students will be notified of their choir placement by July 10th, 2021.
Students will need to submit a video or YouTube link through the Google Form here: https://forms.gle/YPhdgQzAnYgACLmi6
Your audition video needs to include the following:
- Say your first and last name, as well as your age.
- Sing a 60 sec cut of a song that fits your natural range and shows off your vocal strengths. We will be evaluating your tone, technique, ability to stay on pitch & in the correct key, artistry & style, use of good facial expressions, and overall performance
TIPS: YouTube has some great karaoke tracks you can use. See sample auditions on our website. Also, if you play an instrument well enough to accompany yourself, we would love to see that in your audition. We often refer to these audition videos throughout the year, so do your very best!