Auditions are now open for our Spring 2024 Semester. Auditions are due Wednesday, December 20th. Class starts Tuesday, January 9th.
Use this google form to submit auditions: https://forms.gle/j6Z7ukJrbZVgeGYM8
Every student who would like to participate in Vocal Motion 2023-24 must audition.
Vocal Motion will be held on TUESDAYS for the 2023-24 season at Wahlquist Junior High in Farr West. (In the Choir Room).
- Junior Co. Tuesdays 4:30-5:45 PM
- Senior Co. Tuesdays 6:15-7:30 PM
Students can request a specifict class to accomodate their schedules when filling out the audition form. All Company choirs are designed for advanced singers with vocal performance experience. Auditions are required. Students will perform at live concerts, participate in multiple music videos each semester and record in the recording studio multiple times. Students must commit to attend class the entire semester & come prepared to class each week with music learned.
2023-24 Tuition & Fees:
|Choirs||Monthly Tuition(Sept-May)||Registration Fee |
(music videos and recording studio)
|Vocal Motion||$60||$40 ($20 each additional family member)||$35 Combined Class Video|
$45 Individual Class Video
|$25 per family|
- Production fees helps cover the cost of the recording studio, videographers and other production costs associated with music videos. This will be collected the day after we film the music video.
- Concert fees will be collected with November and April tuition. This helps cover the cost of the facility and crew. We do not charge admission to concerts. (Some Online Ticket Processing Fees may Apply, but are usually $1.50 per ticket).
- Registration Fee will include a music binder and shirt for each student.
- There is no costume fee, but students will be required to find attire for each video and concert. We usually keep this fairly simple and most of the time students have these items in their closet already.
All rehearsals will be held at Walhquist Junior High (in the choir room).
2656 N 2400 W, Farr West, UT 84404
Audition Information for our 2023-24 Season
Please use this google form to submit auditions: https://forms.gle/tBqHveY3QGnxsSt7A
Your audition video needs to include the following:
- Say your first and last name, as well as your age.
- Sing the first verse of My Country ‘Tis of Thee (See YouTube Video links below for accompaniment). We want students to use their best choir voice with a nice blended tone. We are looking for good vowels, diction, rhythm and performance.
- Sing a 60 second cut of a song that fits your natural range and shows off your vocal strengths. We will be evaluating your tone, technique, ability to stay on pitch & in the correct key, artistry & style, use of good facial expressions, and overall performance. Please use a track, do not sing acapella.
TIPS: YouTube has some great karaoke tracks you can use. See sample auditions on our website. Also, if you play an instrument well enough to accompany yourself, we would love to see that in your audition. We often refer to these audition videos throughout the year, so do your very best!
YouTube Videos for “My Country ‘Tis of Thee”
- Higher Key (F Major): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7mCuowQis4
- Lower Key (C Major): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6b4fuo7Rbs
Our partnership with The Pledge Jar:
We are excited to announce our partnership with The Pledge Jar, a non-profit organization. The goal of The Pledge Jar is to bridge the gap between people and businesses in our community. This organization provides a means for kids to participate in extracurricular activities, fills empty spots in classes around our community, and allows families to meet and bond with each other over their common love—our kids! They understand the far reaching benefit of getting kids involved—higher performance in the classroom, relationships among parents, community support—and we want to do our part to give every child the opportunity to succeed.
With this partnership, we are able to more easily offer scholarships, provide community service and be more involved in uplifting and inspiring those around us. If you are interested in applying for a scholarship for your student, donating to this organization, in general or to specifically sponsor a Vocal Motion Student, please visit their website: